Thursday, August 20, 2009

No More Baby

I kissed my baby goodbye this morning and sent him off to school for the first time with Daddy. (Well, it was Pre-K, but it still counts!) John was pretty excited...until he got to school. Then he put on his bravest face and tried to choke back the tears. He held it together until it was time to say goodbye...the tears just rolled as he hugged Matt tight and said "I love you Daddy." John wasn't the only one fighting the urge to cry at that point.

I'm happy to report that he had a good day. He made new friends, he colored a picture of shapes and told me that he needed more apple juice in his lunch next time. I guess that means he survived. He's ready to tackle it again tomorrow.

2 comments:

Kim said...

More apple juice!! That's a man who knows what he wants!! So proud of your guy('s) it's a big day to start school and hug your dad goodbye.

Corinne said...

Oh yeah, he's a BIG juice drinker! I was so happy to hear about his great first day. It made my day getting that phone call.