Sunday, October 12, 2008

Mary takes on Shockers...

My kids have never been too keen on sour candies. In fact, I think Beth's the only one that has even eaten them before.

Mary gets to pick a treat out of the prize box when she gets 100% on her spelling tests. Normally there's a jolly rancher or piece of taffy in her bag, but this time she brought home a little bag of Shockers. They are horribly sour for the first several seconds and then they get sweeter as you continue to suck on them. Mary had me in tears from laughing so hard when she popped the first one in her mouth. I couldn't find my camera so I started snapping pictures with my phone...

Was it mean of me to laugh at her suffering? Maybe. But she chose to eat every single one of those suckers because she was not about to admit defeat. By the time she was done, my stomach hurt from laughing so hard.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Picture #2 is priceless!
Kim