Friday, October 31, 2008

Trick-or-Treat!

Here's my brood...the hippie, the baby, and the bat.

Beth, being such a big girl, went off to trick-or-treat with her friends this year. :-( But I took Mary and John out. Of course I was quite proud that my perfect children remembered their manners. At every house there was a "trick-or-treat" and a "thank you!" before we'd hit the next home. Although I have to be careful with John...that kid will take politeness to the point of beligerance. At one house, he did his normal "thank you" at the end. The guy was fairly oblivious and ignored his cute little comment, so of course John said it again...this time a little louder. When it still went unrecognized, he yelled "THANK YOU!" I finally chimed in and said, "Okay, John let's go" when he yelled back to me in a honked off reply "But that guy didn't say you're welcome!!" I tried not to laugh, but the other parents around me just lost it...

No comments: