Friday, January 2, 2009

Enemy #1

Same story, different year...

I avoid that damn thing from Thanksgiving until after New Year's, then WHAMMO! I get sucker punched by that little white devil in my bathroom.

I knew it was going to be bad this year when I decided to wear my super-stretchy black dress pants for New Year's Eve and I still had a "muffin top" goin' on. Dammit! Well, now the holidays are over and I've successfully scarfed most of the junk out of my house so I guess I will AGAIN start on the road to fitness. I'm sure it'll take me a week or more to detox the sugar from my body, and even more time to break my nasty snacking 24/7 psychological pull, so that should be loads of fun.

Tell me, why does it take 10 months to lose 20 pounds when you can pack it right back on in less that 2 months? Is this for real?! Is it normal? Am I an over-achieving cookie gobbler? Ugh...I guess I'll go pull my fat clothes out of the extra closet. Maybe Corinne will let me borrow some of her maternity clothes now that she's done with them.

2 comments:

mandyrhea said...

I'm sure you still look great Jen! Good luck with the sugar detox

Jackie said...

You'll do great. At least you're motivated to exercise. I need to shed 40 lbs of baby weight before my 20-year reunion in October! Yikes!