Thursday, May 21, 2009

Little Sure Shot

This week was the infamous Second Grade Famous Folks Museum. The kids all have to pick a person, read their biography, write a report, then dress like the character and give a presentation covering the big items.

Mary chose Annie Oakley, which I loved being from Darke County. (Annie Oakley is is our big claim to fame in Darke Co. as that's where she was born and raised for those of you that didn't know). Their Museum is probably one of the highlights of the year. The kids are all put in stations a few feet apart from each other and have to hold a pose like they are a wax figure. Then you walk up and push a "button" on their hand and they come to life and tell you who they are, when they were born, why they were famous, several important facts of their life, and for those that have passed, when they died. I just love seeing the little ones perform like that.

Mary did an AWESOME job! She nailed every line, almost every time (she had to recite it probably 60+ times over the course of the two day performance) and had a crowd of people around her every time I looked up. I was very proud of my Little Sure Shot!

More photos below.
Famous Folks

2 comments:

Kim said...

Now how cool is that!!! I shot a B-B Gun in about the second grade and beat the boys, I thought I was Little Miss Sure Shot, but, guess my spot has been taken!!! Congrats to Mary, I hear she did an awesome job as Annie!! And she looked cute too!

Corinne said...

You know I never noticed just how much Mary is looking like Joan until I look through those pictures. I also heard she did an awesome job. One of the best according to my sources.