Friday, April 17, 2009

Crunch

JUST A QUICK POST TO UPDATE MY FRIENDS & FAMILY -

Wednesday night I got a call at work from Matt telling me that he and Mary had been involved in a car accident and that I needed to come right away. Immediately I asked him if he and Mary were okay and all I got was a very quick, "I think so. Gotta go, the cops are here." Ugh....talk about wanting to cry. I grabbed my purse and flew to Englewood.

Short version of the story is this. Matt had just picked up Mary and was heading to get John. He was sitting at a tricky intersection (hard to see) attempting to cross traffic to go north on Main St.; pulled out in front of someone and was hit broadside. He's got a bump on the head from hitting the window and Mary has a very small "rug burn" on her neck from the seatbelt. The guy that hit them was taken to the hospital to be checked out because his knees hurt. The crash looked pretty horrible, but the injuries were very minor. We are very thankful.

You know, you just can't hug someone tight enough after a scare like that.

2 comments:

Jackie said...

Holy CHIT! That is crazy! I'm so sorry to hear about the wreck, but so happy to know they're both OK. It's a wonderful thing to have such a stong Angel (Rebecca) looking after you and the family! HUGS TO EVERYONE!

Kim said...

Happens to the best of us, and cars can be fixed. So glad they are ok, even though they were a little "shook up". Hugs to all, body work to the Jeep...